TEFL Online Pro statement in response to misleading and untrue statements published online by three TEFL program competitors.
We recommend reading this article to the end so as to ensure that you don’t fall victim to the TEFL scam that is currently being perpetrated by three of our business competitors in the TEFL marketplace. The scam consists of false claims made to try and convince people to take an unaccredited TEFL course with one of three of our competitors, instead of taking a fully accredited TEFL/TESOL certification course with TEFL Online Pro.
Many people may not realize that the Online TEFL/TESOL training industry is highly competitive and that some programs claiming to be accredited are, in fact, not accredited at all.
The consequence of this is that these companies, without strict codes of conduct protocols, are able to go on the war path against their business competitors with impunity, via proxy websites and anonymous complaints websites, without a reputable accreditation body to reign in their online activities and hold them accountable.
TEFL Online Pro is a fully accredited online company – without expensive brick-and-mortar office overhead costs – and we are able to provide the Level 5/CELTA equivalent international TEFL/TESOL certificate training for a fraction of the price that our brick-and-mortar competitors offering similar courses are able to.
It is, therefore, inevitable that our company’s success and our ability to undercut the market attracts extreme negative sentiment from some less reputable and higher-priced TEFL program competitors. This occurs in all highly competitive marketplaces.
Three of our unaccredited and higher-priced business competitors have taken it upon themselves to publish malicious, misleading and untrue assertions online with regards to the TEFL Online Pro international TEFL/TESOL certification course program.
Instead of mirroring their behavior, we have, instead, decided to call them out in the hope that potential TEFL students can understand that any negative press regarding TEFL Online Pro has been exclusively written by rival companies and not by our TEFL students/graduates or the thousands of language school contacts that we have job contract agreements with globally.
- TEFL Online Pro is not accredited.
- TEFL Online Pro is not a legitimate company.
- TEFL Online Pro is a fraud/scam.
- TEFL Online Pro is the owner of trustedteflreviews.com.
- TEFL Online Pro is only listed on trustedteflreviews.com and nowhere else on the internet.
- TEFL Online Pro customer video reviews have been recorded by paid actors.
None of these assertions hold up under scrutiny. All six of the assertions are untrue, defamatory, and are intended to hoodwink students into believing that TEFL Online Pro is a scam and that the competitors writing these claims are a better TEFL program option.
Our response to the assertions:
- TEFL Online Pro is fully accredited by ACTEFLC – Accreditation Council for Teaching English as a Foreign Language Courses. Our acteflc.com accreditation identification number: T21-1325910. We pay a lot of money to be accredited and have to submit 10% of our completed assignments to be audited. This is an important but time-consuming process for a member of our team. If we were not fully accredited, I’m certain that ACTEFLC would have called us out on their website for misrepresentation.
- TEFL Online Pro is a legitimate company, providing international Online TEFL/TESOL certification courses. TEFL Online Pro has been a verified business member with Paypal since 2019. To become a business member with Paypal, it was mandatory for us to provide our business license information. Our course graduates teach English online and overseas (in every country where it is currently possible to teach English) with their TEFL Online Pro certification, and this is backed up by our verified customer reviews.
- TEFL Online Pro is not a fraud or scam. If TEFL Online Pro were a fraud or scam, there would be multiple verified customer complaints made online and Paypal would not have continued to partner with us. In addition, ACTEFLC would cancel our accreditation status if we were a fraudulent company.
- TEFL Online Pro is currently the top-rated TEFL program listed on trustedteflreviews.com. We won the prestigious Teachers’ Choice Award in 2019, 2020, 2021, and we have hundreds of verified customer reviews published on Trusted TEFL Reviews. Any valid similarity between teflonlinepro.com and trustedteflreviews.com ends there. In addition, the TEFL Online Pro Facebook page was created an entire year before the Facebook page of Trusted TEFL Reviews.
- We are not only listed on Trusted TEFL Reviews (https://trustedteflreviews.com/category/tefl-online-pro-teachers-choice-award-winner-2019/ / https://trustedteflreviews.com/category/tefl-online-pro-teachers-choice-award-winner-2020/ / https://trustedteflreviews.com/category/tefl-online-pro-teachers-choice-award-winner-2021/). If you take a look at our company Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/teflonlinepro/reviews/) you will see that we have approx. 100 verified student reviews. In addition to this, we have customer video reviews on our company YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClXwokXQobRwONVOEVqsEBA The TEFL industry can be opaque and we decided from the start that we would not get ourselves involved in affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is when a TEFL graduate, or, increasingly, someone who has not even taken a TEFL course, writes a review of a TEFL program and earns money from each sale stemming from their review. We view this business model as being dishonest and unethical and not in line with our core business values. This is the reason why we have not followed the crowd by having our company listed on some of the more popular TEFL review websites, where the verification of reviews is questionable and where the predominant business model revolves around affiliate marketing.
- TEFL Online Pro currently has eleven customer video reviews uploaded, with two graduates having recorded a post-course and follow-up video – describing their course experience and how their TEFL Online Pro certificate has enabled them to secure online and overseas teaching English employment. All eleven videos were recorded by graduates of a TEFL Online Pro Online TEFL/TESOL certification course. None of the reviews were recorded by a person who has not taken a TEFL Online Pro Online TEFL/TESOL certification course. The majority of our customers that have recorded a video testimonial for us, have also left a customer review on the TEFL Online Pro company Facebook page.
The intention of the assertions.
All six assertions have been published by three of our business competitors. None of the assertions come from a reputable source.
The intention of the assertions is to seed doubt and reduce the credibility of TEFL Online Pro in the eyes of potential customers. It is also the intention of the assertions to divert business from TEFL Online Pro to the competitors making the assertions.
The assertions have been published by ESLinsider/Ian Patrick Leahy, MyTEFL, The TEFL Academy/Caitriona (Maria) McTiernan/TPR Teaching.
All three are business competitors, providing Online TEFL/TESOL certification courses of their own.
Proof that directly links Caitriona (Maria) McTiernan and Ian Patrick Leahy to a TEFL competitor is listed towards the end of this rebuttal statement.
TEFL Online Pro is seeking legal advice and we will be acting accordingly in due course.
TEFL Online Pro verified customer feedback.
Verified TEFL Online Pro customer feedback can be viewed on the TEFL Online Pro Facebook page, on the TEFL Online Pro YouTube page, on the teflonlinepro.com Reviews page, and on the independent TEFL reviews website Trusted TEFL Reviews:
One of our August 2020 graduates, who took the TEFL Online Pro 140-Hour Hybrid Online TEFL/TESOL certification course, recorded a post-course video and recently provided us with a follow-up video testimonial.
Noor describes how her TEFL Online Pro TEFL/TESOL certificate was instrumental in finding teaching work online with PalFish and Preply, and how it has been an essential document for successfully securing a teaching English position abroad in South Korea.
Here are Noor’s post-course and follow-up video testimonials:
One of our December 2020 graduates, who took the TEFL Online Pro 120-Hour Professional Online TEFL/TESOL certification course, recorded a post-course video and recently provided us with a follow-up video testimonial.
Clara describes how her TEFL Online Pro TEFL/TESOL certificate was instrumental in finding teaching work online, and how it has been an essential document for successfully securing a teaching English position abroad in Spain.
Here are Clara’s post-course and follow-up video testimonials:
Clara and Noor’s experiences are representative of all of our customers who take a TEFL Online Pro Online TEFL/TESOL certification course.
We would also like to point out that whilst both post-course and follow-up video reviews have been recorded by British-speaking graduates, the vast majority of our customers who take a TEFL Online Pro certification course are from the USA.
TEFL Online Pro accepts students from all native English-speaking countries, as well as students from non-native English-speaking countries.
Here are some examples of post-course video testimonials, recorded by USA customer graduates of the TEFL Online Pro international TEFL/TESOL certification course program:
We also accept students from non-native English-speaking backgrounds:
TEFL Online Pro runs three award-winning, fully accredited and internationally recognized Online TEFL/TESOL certification courses:
60-Hour Fast-Track – the perfect solution for people with TEFL experience.
120-Hour Professional – the perfect solution for people with little or no TEFL experience.
140-Hour Hybrid – the perfect solution for people with little or no TEFL experience who are wanting in-class teaching practice.
All three Level 5 and CELTA-equivalent courses lead to the awarding of the international TEFL/TESOL certificate.
With a TEFL Online Pro TEFL/TESOL certificate, you are guaranteed a teaching English job online or overseas.
Caitriona McTiernan from The TEFL Academy and Ian Leahy from ESLinsider TEFL.
The TEFL Academy claims to be accredited by QUALIFI, but QUALIFI only regulate their courses. The TEFL Academy is, therefore, an unaccredited TEFL provider.
ESLinsider openly admits that it is not an accredited TEFL provider.
MyTEFL claims to be accredited by OTTSA. It is widely believed that OTTSA is a proxy website for MyTEFL.
All three of these competitors are not obliged to follow strict code of conduct protocols. If they were, they would not be able to so blatantly publish defamatory content online with regards to their business competition.
It is ultimately up to you, the reader, to decide for yourself whether you will believe the claims made by our business competitors, or whether you will decide that our verified customer reviews negate such claims.
If anyone reading this rebuttal has ever run a company before, or has been the victim of online personal attacks, you will understand full well how frustrating and damaging it can be when a competing business or an individual writes blatant mistruths online about you.
All it takes is for a company or individual to go to any complaints website, or pay for a domain and web hosting, and they are able to conjure up and spread any misinformation that they wish.
TEFL Online Pro is completely in favor of business competition and free speech.
Competition is important because it provides the customer with an overall better TEFL/TESOL course experience.
Free speech is likewise important because our customer reviews – whether positive or negative – provide us with an opportunity to fine-tune our services, so that we can strive to be the best in the field.
However, unwarranted online attacks by business competitors is a completely different story entirely.
We thought it was important to issue a statement because those of you who are new to TEFL may not realize that it is a small number of our TEFL competitors that are writing that TEFL Online Pro is not a legitimate company, not our TEFL customers.
The overwhelming majority of our TEFL customers have a very positive TEFL Online Pro course and post-course experience.
If there are any questions regarding this rebuttal statement, please feel free to email the TEFL Online Pro school office:
Thank you for reading this rebuttal statement.